Wednesday 20 March 2013

The finished building


These last weeks I had to make sure everything was prepared so I could pretty much to create the rest of my tower and add the finishing touches on. I created some more drawings so I could have reference for when I made stuff in Maya and I began to model. Also along these weeks I had to write a report on gaming consoles themselves and show that I knew about consoles all together. I thought I’d finish my model first so I could just do the writing towards the end. We were shown a presentation that consisted of points that had to be made in the report. Once the presentation was shown I made sure I had my notes so I could pretty much just write the report after the model. I began modelling again and pretty much the idea was the same, just the layout was a bit different. I stacked a building onto of the cog tower and used this still as the base. I then used the clock tower as an extra building itself instead of it just being a clock structure. I wanted there to be a walk way that connected to the main tower where the person would reside most. I wanted this to have a wizard look but still steampunk.




Again I wasn’t sure on how to create the objects itself but after manipulation the lines and vertex I had the shape I wanted. I deleted faces and filled the hole of certain objects so I could create the shape easier. Once I had the base I insisted just going over my model and adding detail so it would feel more steampunk and have more character. I added more windows, different lights and rivets here and there. I was overall happy with the result and I was at this point finished with my tower. The last thing I added was a rope structure that came out of the top of the tower. I added this from all the research I did and found that it filled that missing piece. 





Once I finished my tower I had to write out the report and finish off little parts of my project. All in all I was at the ideal place even though I had to change my building a little I still ended up being on time with the project. The only thing I would really change is that I wanted to tidy up my building a bit and maybe add something else as I thought it was a little empty but I thought I wouldn’t have gotten this far since I wasn’t happy with the previous design outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment