Wednesday 20 March 2013

Making the choice


These two weeks I began working on clock tower since I thought I could copy and paste it to make a whole one. So once I created it I copied and pasted it so I could attach the one to the other to create one main building. I had a bit of trouble here since I didn’t really know the different ways I could do it. I knew that I would have to move each vertex and then use the merge vertex tool so they would attach to each other but I wasn’t sure if there was another option. In the end I just deleted the inside faces and attached the vertex together. This was time consuming and one I got into the middle I in counted a problem that I needed help with. I realised that I must have messed up somewhere and the main part of the building had too many faces. It had extra faces inside and when it came to merged them together it made too much of a mess I figured I would have to start it again.
So after I realised this I just simply merged the roof together and used that as one object then simple used the building as a reference so I could create a clean cut object. 




Once I made this and attached everything together so it wasn’t messy, I combined the object so I could see what it would look like with the rest of the tower. At this point Maya was running slow so I just deleted the history on the objects and overall it began to move a lot faster. Once I added the object to the rest of the tower I realised I really didn’t like the way it was set out. I messed around with it a lot and tried to figure out how I could make it decent or most of all the way I really liked it. After spending a lot of time on this I just made the decision to do another tower but still keep the previous buildings I already made. Still using some of the objects I began making another building and I thought this would be easier/ less time consuming that my previous idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment