Tuesday 22 January 2013

3D Animation



At this point in the project I really just wanted it to be over. I wasn't really looking forward to the 3D animation after having so much hassle with the stop motion and trying to work with the group. I left Ben and Nikos to finish the ending of the stop motion and to add the sound onto it. I then carried on with my 3D that I had a go at when I was at home. This gave me time to figure out the kind of horror that I wanted to go with. I wanted something that people would think was horror but had that horror aspect. 

I ended up going with a sound clip from batman. It said " some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn", automatically I thought of an idea. I wanted to just create someone just standing there saying this. The camera would pan round from the back onto his face and zoom towards his eye. The camera would then switch to a world spinning and burning. I had to think about many things when creating this and to be honest I didn't think I would have been able to do it in time. 




After spending many hours both at college and home I had figured it all out and done it all. Of course I had to look a number of tutorials up with how to do certain stuff but in the end I was happy with what I produced. The most difficult thing I had to figure out was the camera switching and how I could go from the eye to the world. I first started of with the point camera, I thought this would be easier to pan the camera around from the back to the front and keep it simple. Of course after messing around with it and trying to switch to the world from the eye, I started to give up. Then I realised that I could have just used a normal camera and switched it over. I felt a bit stupid after this but in the end I figured little stuff out and actually enjoyed the 3D animation part.

No comments:

Post a Comment