Wednesday 22 January 2014

After the presentation

 
Once Thursday came, we was able to show our ideas and work that we had done over the week. This gave us the opportunity to express and show off our art styles and ideas for the game idea. 

Overall there wasn’t much to explain when it came to showing our artwork, we pretty much just showed the whole class on a screen and didn’t really explain much about the work itself. This left much to the imagination of the designers of who they would like in their group. 

Once everything body finished showcasing their work and ideas, we was then given the chance to choose three game ideas that we liked. Since I based my artwork around the idea of mine and Daron’s game, that was my first choice. Since my initial idea was to create vector art, I had chosen the other two ideas based around something that I would benefit most from.

As people chose their ideas we was then put into groups by our tutors. I of course was hoping that I was put with Daron since I based my character around his game idea. Upon finding out that I was actually indeed in his group, I was thrilled and began to figure out what actually had to be done as an artist and how I could go forth. I was also not alone since there was another artist in our group and this helped a bit since I didn’t have to be relied on doing all the artwork. 

Before anything fully started we had to create a group milestone table and a recording of how well we was on track of the schedule and how far we had fallen behind. An example of the table that I had done is below, of course this was just a rough outline and I had created this on my own without any discussion with the group.



I tried to keep it simple but made sure that I could hopefully keep on track and not fall behind with anything. This was along the lines of any concept art that I had to create up to helping and discussing with the other artist and designers about any slight hiccups that we needed to overcome. Once I had created everything beforehand I was prepared to start with the design. Since I already had the character and tweaked it slightly I was more focused on how I was going to do the walk cycle since I knew this would be something I would spend most of my time on.


No comments:

Post a Comment