Wednesday 22 May 2013

Finishing Up!



Coming to the end.


Once finishing parts off I had to go over stuff in more detail. I used triggers for multiple objects such as, in one part of the map I created a vent so players could access different areas and get different objects. To do this I had to create ladders so I had to make sure there was a ladder volume and that the wall I wanted to climb was climbable. I also had triggers to the doors I wanted to open. Although the most difficult part to figure out was the lift, plus it was also hard to really do on my laptop since the lag was unbelievable. At first I created a simple trigger that would make the lift go up and down when the player walked into it. I created to movement tracks so that when you walked into it upstairs it would come to you and return to the bottom.








After messing around with it a lot I just couldn't get it. The lag created a big problem and nearly gave up with it since I couldn't really do much. Instead I decided to go with a different idea and use abject as the usable trigger. Putting one at the bottom and putting one at the top it was easier enough to do it this way. Once messing about and getting things right I tried to test it out and It still wasn't working. I continued to mess around with it, adjusting time frames and how long the lift would pause before continuing the path of its course. Again I tested it and finally got it right!

It was the most frustrating part because I had to make use of the lag and then trying to figure out how both the upstairs and downstairs would work with each other.






All in all I finally finished my level and was glad It was over. I normally enjoy making objects and designing them but towards the end it began to be unbelievably frustrating for me. Either way here are a few screen shots of my final level design.







No comments:

Post a Comment