Wednesday 7 November 2012

The Character Design



So first off I started with a quick rough sketch on paper. Because even my quick sketches have a bit of detail on them this took me a bit to sort out. I tried to think of the time period that the game was based in and kind of took it from there. I gave him big shoulders so it made his frame look bigger than it actually was. Since our characters had basic roles and mine was the tank, I decided to make him look like he was built to last.


The drawings above show the progress on how I went about with my drawing. We decided to go with the 2D graphic look so I designed and coloured my drawings in illustrator. Since I had a bit of experience with the program before I was able to navigate my way around it and finish the drawings alot easier so this helped alot on time. I scanned my drawings into Photoshop and just edited them in illustrator. I done a basic outline and just coloured them in after. I had to mess around with the colours quite a bit since I couldn't figure out what I wanted it to be. Once I had the basic colour I began defining the detail with shade and highlight.  


Well after spending a while on developing the drawing and making it a final piece, I also did a final shield and sword for the game. After having a week sorting out everything for the design document and getting stuff together I think we caught up pretty fast. Yes we might have a few pieces missing but I think it counts on how well you present and get across your point. I think I have achieved the kind of look I wanted to give my character and happy with the overall results. I think if we had a little more time and didn't decide to change the game we would have had a better chance to develop it more.



No comments:

Post a Comment